Friday, November 4, 2011

‘Through the Looking Glass … a Lens on Quality Preschools’

It was lovely to be invited by the Early Childhood Unit for the NSW Department of Education and Communities to present a keynote and also facilitate a workshop at the conference. This conference was titled ‘Through the Looking Glass … a Lens on Quality Preschools’.


 The second day saw a range of workshops facilitated by the following people and a few others.....
My keynote was entitled Sustainable Leadership: A time to reflect, re-imagine and to reconstruct’ and the workshop was titled ‘Pedagogical Leadership: A powerful opportunity to build learner identity via ‘learning story philosophy’.

 
The work was enthusiastically received, some of the comments sent from the organizers following the conference included the following:  
“Participants all agreed that your presentations met the highest possible rating and their comments supported these ratings. I have added a small sample of these for you as follows:

It is so good to be reminded of the importance of positive interactions.
Find the magic... I loved that. I am making it my new philosophy/goal.
This presentation was so thought provoking and powerful making me think about how/why I work with
young children. 
I love Wendy’s stories that she uses to build relationships.
I love the slow schooling theory...a real inspiration.
This was first class...a real joy. Fantastic content and presentation.
Thought provoking!
What a wonderful keynote speaker..

Thank you for helping early childhood teachers have a voice- promoting the child’s strengths and interests, not a K-6 curriculum push.”

After the two day conference. We (Dave and I) went on to have a lovely weekend in Sydney. See photos of this on my personal blog http://wendyelp.blogspot.com

No comments: